These rules and guidelines, along with the general conditions of use (“General Conditions”), determine the way your personal data, directly introduced and uploaded, will be processed and collected by the services provided within the Website.
The data transmitted to us are processed in an absolutely confidential manner by the Administrator, which ensures the safety and privacy of the information provided in accordance with the applicable Portuguese law (currently, Law 67/98, 26 October) and the European law on the protection of personal data, specially, from 25 May 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 and its regulations.
Please read the following text carefully to understand the practices regarding the processing of your personal data.
Users under the age of 18 (“Minors”) can’t use the Website and should not register and/or send any personal information except when the necessary consent of the parents has been given. A Minor may enter the e-mail address of one of his parents in the mandatory field of the Website during the registration procedure and an e-mail will be automatically sent requesting the consent of the parent or parents whose e-mail address has been given. The registration made by the Minor shall only be considered valid when the consent of the parents has been given.
We will not collect personal data of Minors nor authorize their registration without the consent of the parents. If we are aware of the collection of personal data of a Minor without the consent of his parents, we will delete such data as soon as possible.
2. Data we collect
In order to provide you our service we will use the following personal data transmitted through e-mail or inserted in the respective fields of our Website:
- First name/Surname/Company’s name;
- Country/Address/Location/Postal Code;
- Telephone; and
- E-mail address.
Data collected in this Website are intended for the processing of requests, communication with users, requests for information and possible complaints, statistical analysis and improvement of our services.
Personal data transmitted will be used by the Administrator for purposes of provision of services and compliance with the applicable legal obligations.
Your personal data will be registered on our contact base and may be used for the following purposes, provided that you have given prior consent:
- Direct marketing activities, including the sending of newsletters, e-mails, SMS, MMS or other type of messages;
- Information that may help the users to keep updated on news, travel routes, promotions, contests and general interests activities; and
- Market studies or any other studies that allow the quality increase of the services provided by the Administrator.
By subscribing to our newsletter (“Newsletter”) you will receive on your e-mail address information on offers, suggestions and tips. If you intend to stop receiving our Newsletter you may delete your register from our contact list by clicking in the link shown at the bottom of each Newsletter page.
We further inform you that the Administrator takes all the necessary measures for the protection of your data and can’t be held accountable for any actions which don’t result from his own neglect.
5. IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information on your computer, including, when available, the IP address, operative system and browser for purposes of system administration and to transfer aggregated information to our advertisers. This information shall be used for statistics only on our users searches and patterns, without specifying.
We may obtain information related to your general use of the internet for the same purpose, through a cookie file stored in the hard drive of your computer. Cookies will help us improve the Website and provide a more personalized and better quality service. It will allow us to:
- Process, complete data, send your request and inform you of its status; and
- Ensure that customer’s support service may contact you in response to your questions and situations of interest.
Our Website uses the following cookies:
- To help you access, move and use all the functions of the Website, which wouldn’t work properly without these cookies;
- To help the Administrator understand the way in which the Website is being used through the collection of anonymous information which allows to know, including but not limited to, which areas of the Website interest you the most, languages, definitions, preferences and errors; and
To select the advertisements shared on the Website according with your preference, to prevent the sharing of repeated or non-interest advertisements and allow the sharing of content of the Website on social networks.
6. Storage of your personal data
When you are given a password that allows you to access certain restricted areas of the Website, that password shall be kept confidential. You are not authorized to give that password to any other person.
7. Method of storage, processing and transfer of the information
Your data will be electronically processed and will be, in any circumstances, protected by appropriate and constantly updated protection systems, being kept in a safe and controlled environment.
Your personal data won’t be, in general, assigned or transferred to any third-parties. You will be previously informed whenever the transfer of data occurs, and the identity of the recipients and the purpose of the processing of such data is transmitted to you in a way that allows you to decide if you want to accept that sharing. We may transfer your personal data to third-parties provided which we obtain your unambiguous consent for that purpose or when: i. such transfer is made in compliance with a legal obligation, a resolution of the Portuguese National Data Protection Commission or a court order; ii. such communication is carried out to protect your vital interests or any other legitimate purpose provided in the applicable legislation.
If you’re already registered in our Website, you may access, modify or delete your personal data at any given moment, by logging into your account with your username and password and entering in the relevant area.
Unfortunately, the transfer of information through the internet is not completely safe. Nonetheless, we will take all the appropriate measures to protect your personal data. However, we can’t ensure the safety of the information transmitted to the Website; any transmission will be made at your own risk. Once we receive your information we will use all the procedures and safety schemes available to try to prevent any unauthorized access.
8. Data protection
Your data and online transactions’ safety is very important to us, that is why we ensure:
- That all data collected online are confidential, will only be used in its management and will not be transferred, assigned or sold to third-parties (individuals or companies) without prior unambiguous consent from the data subjects; and
- That the safety of all transactions is based on a solid platform which fulfills the necessary safety demands.
Data collected during registration will be inserted in a Secure Sockets Layer server which will encrypt them (turning them into code). To ensure that your browser is safe make sure that the icon of a lock appears next to the web address or that the address begins with https and not http.
9. Optional character of data provision
Information provision will always be optional. However, any refusal in providing us your data may make it impossible to process your request or the appropriate analysis of the information transmitted.
10. Data storage
Your personal data will be stored only during the period of time necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, notwithstanding the rights granted under the terms provided in the following number.
11. Your rights
You are entitled to request the Administrator not to process your personal data for purposes of marketing. We will inform you, before the collection of your data, of our intention in using the data for that purposes. You may exercise your right to impede that processing through the filling of the corresponding options in the forms we use to collect your information. You may also exercise your rights at any time, contacting us through the e-mail address email@example.com.
You are entitled to access your information. Your right of access may be exercised according with the provided in the applicable Portuguese (currently Law 67/98 of 26 October) and European law on personal data protection and specially, from 25 May 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 and its regulations.
Upon written request to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by mail to the address at Rua Doutor Gomes Leal, 3ª, 2560-331 – Torres Vedras, Portugal, you may also:
- Get a statement on the origin of your personal data, processing purposes and methodology, logic involved in any automated decision process, details of data processors, subjects or categories of subjects to whom your data are provided or who may have knowledge of them;
- Update, remedy, add or delete data;
- Cancel, make confidential or block any information processed in infringement of the applicable laws, including information which does not need to be maintained for the purposes for which your data were collected and processed;
- Request clarifications on the manner in which your data are processed, including clarifications on its content, as well as clarifications related to the persons to whom have been provided or transmitted the data (except when the compliance with such request is deemed impossible or involves the use of clearly disproportionate means, in consideration of the protected right);
- Impede the processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons even if such data are relevant for the purpose of collecting or processing your personal data in order to send advertising material or systems of direct sale of goods or for purposes of market studies or commercial advertising.
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided and transfer such data to another controller with the Administrator being unable to prevent it;
- Get your personal data deleted without undue delay when you withdraw or object to its processing, or when such data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which were collected or processed.
12. Links to other websites
The Website may periodically have links to other websites of our commercial, advertising and associate partners. Please note that if you follow any of the links to those websites, you will be subject to the privacy policies in force on those sites, and no liability can be attributed to us in relation to such policies. Please refer to those privacy policies before providing any personal data for such websites.